View All Posts
- Jet Blue Ice FighterDecember 4, 2018“JETBLUE™ Ice Fighter is taking the fight to snow and ice, made from the latest in runway de-icing technology used at major commercial airports and military bases in North America. JETBLUE™’s unique formulation allows for faster and longer lasting ice melting capability, while sparing
- Pea Leef WeevilApril 30, 2018The Pea Leaf Weevil is steadily moving North through Alberta. They overwinter in shelterbelts, ditches, and perennial legumes. When temperatures reach above 17°C they begin to migrate, flying from field to field. Source: Alberta Agriculture The larvae feed on nodules, impeding Nitrogen fixation.
- Lawn SeedApril 19, 2018With the ever-varying Spring weather, it may be hard to determine when is the best time to seed or overseed your lawn. Here at SVF, we work hand-in-hand with Pickseed to give you the best products to produce the best results. There are, however, many techniques that you can also use to help you
- HeadStart Seed TreatmentApril 18, 2018Thinking of seed treating or applying a nutrient seed dressing this spring? If so, Sturgeon Valley Fertilizers has a broad range of products to offer plus an on-farm custom treating service called HeadStart. Talk with one of our agronomists to find out more. Our new Storm Pro treater provides
- Preharvest SprayingAugust 6, 2014Preharvest spraying is done either for perennial weed control or to desiccate the crop prior to harvest. Glyphosate products are primarily used for perennial weed control and the timing of the application is very important. Some excellent tips on the spray timing of glyphosate products can be found