A healthy lawn requires yearly maintenance.
On the side of fertilizer bags there are a series of numbers. These numbers indicate the percentages of nutrients within the mixture. The numbers represent Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium and Sulphur respectively. For example, 25-10-12 is a popular fertilizer that contains 25% nitrogen, 12% phosphate, 10% potassium and 5% Sulphur.
- Essential for stimulating plentiful green growth
- Gives grass a thicker, larger blade
- Important for healthy root production
- Helps grass mature
- Very important for energy conversion in the plant
- Vital for chlorophyll production
- Important for standability
- Increases winter hardiness and disease resistance
- Helps plant utilize nitrogen
- Contributes to green color
- Deficiency causes stunting